Saturday, August 27, 2016

Livestreaming for the Win!

This morning I crawled out of bed early, expecting to talk to a friend, play some Minecraft, avoid cleaning my house-- the normal Sunday morning routine. Then I saw that The Dresden Dolls were having a free livestream at a time when  I would both be awake and at a computer. Yay!

The show is just about to start now. I love this medium! Introverts Abroad should sponsor live webcasts like this. If there is such a thing. If not there should be and they should do this.
This will be my first Dresden Dolls concert, and I can hear other fans, yankees*, in ,my head telling me this isn't the same as seeing them in person and I agree. Of course it isn't. But unless the magic money fairy flies them to Japan and helps them play a free concert mid-day in Sendai, this is the closest I am likely to come.
So shut up, internalized yankees* of negativity.

And now, I will enjoy a strange/fun/random affair.

Join me?
https://huzza.io/amandapalmer/live-stream/the-dresden-dolls-live-from-coney-island

* A Yankee by Texas definition: Anyone from New England. Anywhere in New England. Really anywhere north of the Mason-Dixon line.

No comments:

Post a Comment