Thursday, September 1, 2016

September is Upon Us!

Indeed!
September has come and this morning I finally got something done. Yesterday I had too many goals, few of which could be accomplished with my toddler-turned-almost-kid-perhaps in tow. It's not that she's distracting, though she is, but the flights of fancy for a 3 year old come fast and hard, which makes it hard to keep up. I know I am not the only person to set a child down in a safe-ish area, turn around to do/write/make something, and turn back to find utter mayhem.
Luckily, a lot of my class preparation has been done for me this month as the one private lesson for whom I usually write tests is instead utilizing a copy of The Canterville Ghost that comes complete with activities, quizzes, and pre-reading assignments. Also, the story is divided up into sections that can be read easily and quickly, perfect for this private lesson.
I did finally get the dress for this month's Patreon item made this morning so I could get it on the monkey and photographed. These were all goals for yesterday torpedoed by my rambunctious offspring. But now it is online! See it here or with details about my Patreon here.
 Yay!
Now to clean up and relax before a friend from high school visits in a couple of days. My brain is trying to go into hyper-drive planning things to do-- because this is exciting and I rarely get visitors-- but I am trying to remember that this is someone's vacation. Stressed out crazy people don't really help anyone relax.
We're going to Matsushima, though, and it is hard for me not to relax when I am that close to the ocean and beautiful Matsushima.

You might have noticed last month I blogged a lot on a different website about travel and summer in Japan. Those posts and any future posts I do on specifically Japanese guide-type topics can be found here.

Right now, I am working on 2 blog posts about year-round fun activities in the area as well as a number of reviews for the same website. This month's contest incentive is, as previous noted perhaps, fruit for (the most) reviews. I'm aiming for 5th place so I can win 3000yen worth of apples for my daughter to eat.

This week has actually been really eventful but somehow flew past. Sunday we had a bubble-party for Julia, filling the air of the park nearest our house with bubbles from half a dozen 100 yen store sources. It was a great time, and an easy one. We came back to my place and watched the DVD copy of Willow I found a few weeks ago in Sendai. Cool, right? Yeah, geeky, but easy and fun! With home-made cake!

Julia's actual birthday was marred by typhoon weather, which abated just in time for us to see a sunset and not have to relocate to my in-laws' house for the evening to avoid my husband's car being washed away in flooding. Yay for not having to leave! Everything was alright, though Julia started off the day by kicking my arm while I was playing Minecraft, sending my character into lava where she died. luckily I was travelling with friends who could pick up my inventory and bring them back to our little village. Soon, I will return to the virtual world we created and reclaim my property. I'm almost over the burn now.
I was really angry about my daughter killing me on her birthday.
Yes, killing me in game, but still. It was not a great time.

Now we've got tons of fun and crazy cool times ahead! So much to do, so little time to write about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment