Thursday, September 22, 2016

Almost Fall, Almost Payday, Almost Sane

Today was exhausting and great as I got to play with draping an actual living human form for the first time. It was one of my best friends in any country and I was helping her turn an old sofa-cover into a Halloween costume. I am weirdly giddy about this.
It reminded me of being 8 years old and trying to drape the massive petals and leaves of the trees outside our house around sticks, bringing fashion through foliage to....sticks, really. I loved it.
Then we took off for Sendai and I am so very lucky to have friends who are agreeable to watch my monster-baby while I teach because this little nut-ball I call a daughter was active-verging-on-insane for most of the lesson, with a complete meltdown coming at the end, when she was told that she couldn't steal toys from other kids.

She wanted to go to the owl cafe, but as we were all exhausted, it wasn't really an option. Also, freaked out kids spook the birds. Next time, if she's good and I have the money, we'll do it.

This hasn't been the easiest week, but we made it to the end with an appointment to have a walk-through at our preferred kindergarten in a week or so. I've got a few other big things lined up in the coming week to keep me busy.

I'd really wanted to edit a novel before nano, but really can't do it a) with the noise of the toddler about or b) when everyone's asleep but I'm too sleep deprived to function, which leaves c) during the school day when I am not working come April.

In the mean time, I will put some more energy into my Patreon projects, figure out my Halloween costume (and get Julia's ready as well) and maybe finally finish playing Fallout New Vegas.

But I am in a pretty secure emotional place, looking forward to dropping some money in the bank, and finding stuff to make happen.
Yay!

Though I am very much not looking forward to changing out my clothes again. It's something we don't usually do in Texas-- store half your wardrobe elsewhere for half the year. It's just not necessary.
But here it is, and that means digging through my drawers and each of 4 bins of organized clothing in addition to the space bags I have stored elsewhere.

Maybe my next project should be getting rid of some of these clothes.

For now, relaxing, blogging, Patreon, costuming, and video games.

No comments:

Post a Comment