Monday, March 18, 2019

Long Time No See

Sorry for the several-month hiatus.

I am okay. Solidly okay right now. My mental health is well enough that I can look back at the last few months and appreciate the difference between the two. February always hits me hard. It's the tail end of a season I've never been fully prepared for and despite planning and prepping for more this past season than any winter before, I still had some hard moments, but briefer this time, and I had ammunition to fight back.

I've been playing a lot of Skyrim. I know. I am late to every game. I like it that way. My daughter and I always beat Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime the other day. On easy mode. She's five. It was a surprising amount of fun and we both learned a little more about not panicking when things are scary.

Her 2-3 week long spring break is about to begin.

Today we bought tickets for our America trip in summer this year, a previously unexpected voyage to visit my mom, brother, sister-in-law, and tiny little niece who is expected to be joining us in the breathing world here in about 2 months. My mom is betting on sooner, but there's no telling. My dad will also be joining us for the festivities and was the one generous enough to ensure our ability to come. There is no way we could afford those tickets otherwise.

Now the little one is preparing popcorn so we can play video games. It's going to be a fun afternoon.

I am trying to take things as they come and actually enjoy a little more instead of forcing myself to do as much as I can in the hopes of feeling worthy of having time off. Instead, I'm having my time while I can. Soon my kid will eat all of it. At least for a few weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment